Join the Wildlife Trust today and you will be part of the only organisation working locally across Birmingham and the Black Country to ensure a future for the wildlife right here, where you live.
Recent years have seen huge changes in the landscape of Birmingham and the Black Country. Work to regenerate the area and revitalise its economy has brought many benefits and also created environmental challenges.
Since 1980 as your local Wildlife Trust, one of 47 covering the whole UK, we have been working to make Birmingham and the Black Country a better place for wildlife and people. The Wildlife Trust is leading the way in creating a Living Landscape for wildlife and people across the area, doing practical things now that will ensure that in the future we all, our children and our children’s children will be able to enjoy a wildlife rich, healthy environment into the future.
Our 11,000 members play a vital role in our success, helping with the costs of running our many projects and activities and being our eyes and ears in watching for threats to wildlife. And not least they demonstrate the depth of support and concern for wildlife felt by people across Birmingham and the Black Country.
By joining the Wildlife Trust you are helping make sure that you and your family will be able to enjoy wildlife now and in the future. Your membership card is your passport to over 2,300 Wildlife Trust nature reserves across the UK. Wildlife Trusts members also receive:
• Advice and guidance on local wildlife issues by phone or email.
• Regular local full-colour Wildlife Focus magazine keeping you up to date with Birmingham and Black Country wildlife news (three times a year).
• The national Wildlife Trust magazine Natural World (three times a year).
• Events and activities taking place all year round.
• Volunteering opportunities, the chance to gain new skills and work “hands on” with wildlife.
• Family membership includes Wildlife Watch for children – junior membership of the Wildlife Trust with six fun publications a year.