Introduction to Health and Wellbeing in Nature course - EcoPark
About the event
Our Introduction to Health and Wellbeing in Nature course will help you connect with wildlife in the city and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of exploring your local natural environment.
Taking place every Tuesday from 3rd August to 24th August, 10.00 – 15.00pm, you will be inspired to learn about the wildlife sharing our city, develop the confidence to explore local wild spaces and build nature into your everyday life.
Based on the Five Ways to Well-being, the course will help you:
• Learn –about different environments including woodlands, meadows, canals and ponds
• Take notice – how to be mindful in nature
• Be active - fitness through wildlife walks and volunteering activity
• Connect – how to stay connected with nature and ways to join other groups locally
• Give – protecting local wild space by volunteering and practical conservation activity
The course is open to adults of all ages but we particularly welcome those aged 50+, nor prior experience necessary.
To participate in the walks you will need to be able to walk for about 2km at a gentle pace.
Please bring a packed lunch with bottle of water, weather appropriate clothing and sturdy footwear.
To find out more please contact our Community Engagement Officer, Holly King, on 07704 146529 or by email to Holly.K@bbcwildlife.org.uk.