Get more involved with The Wildlife Trust
Wild schools help children learn outdoors and about the outdoors. The Wild Schools Network supports schools to achieve healthy, happy learners.
Ofstedi recognise that a connection with nature can raise standards, improve pupil's personal social and emotional development and help to combat underachievement.
Our Education Programme
We work with schools across Birmingham and the Black Country inspiring pupils and teachers with the wonders of the natural world. We work with over 8,000 school children each year.
We have two environmental education centres in Birmingham.
Wild Schools Network
A membership of the Wild Schools Network will make your school want to get outside with ideas and resources to help you learn about and improve your local environment. Wild Schools Network membership costs £95 per year.
- Wildlife magazine three times per year from The Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country including events, activities and seasonal local wildlife information.
- Natural World three times per year. The Wildlife Trusts national magazine.
- Wildlife Watchers magazine four times a year. Our junior membership magazine packed full with tips, competitions, wildlife information and posters.
- Link four times a year. Our magazine for educators including resources and lesson plans.
- One assembly on a wildlife related topic delivered by one of our educators.
- Our top ten ‘how to’ tips for creating a wild school including ideas for engaging pupils with nature and developing school grounds.
- Wild Schools Network certificate.
- Your school name in our annual review and on our website.
- 10 percent discount on our other education services including forest schools sessions, River Rangers, after school clubs or bespoke events for your pupils.
- Option to take out joint membership with the Wildlife Watch resource box which includes all the materials you need to run outdoor groups. Membership of both together costs £300 (saving £45 per year)
My Wild School
See our My Wild School brochure below for details about what we can offer your school. We are keen to develop relationships that will allow you access to all the materials you need to successfully promote learning about the natural environment and wildlife to children.
Email Gareth Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 1199 for more information.
Wildlife Watch Box
Our exciting new initiative to get your pupils going wild. Hire a Wildlife Watch Box from us containing everything you need to get your Wildlife Watch group set up helping you to plan and deliver outdoor learning. Included in the cost is support from our Wildlife Watch Coordinator to get you set up.
Wildlife Watch boxes cost £250 per school year.
We can offer bespoke teacher training sessions at either of our two education centres or on your school site. Please get in touch with Gareth to discuss.
i OFSTED Learning outside the classroom. How far should you go? 2008.